Friday, October 20, 2017

Don't Mess With Old Men...

I was out of state for training a couple of days and so no blogging. When I got back I went to see The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan. It was money well spent. The general plot is that when Chan's daughter is killed in a terrorist bombing can't find the killers, he does. I'll leave that at that except to say it is a smart, fast paced story. This is a much darker Chan than I'm used to and I like it. He plays his age here but damn he can still move for a sixty year old. I think Brosnan has found his niche as a villain. He's much better as a hard man than a smug, witty, super secret agent. Martin Campbell is the director and he does his usual more than competent job. I really liked this movie and highly recommend it. The Foreigner will probably end up being my favorite movie of the year.

No comments: