Friday, March 28, 2014

I was thinking about...

...the authors that for one reason or another I stopped reading. I used to be a huge Tom Clancy fan. I'll admit I never read beyond the first couple of chapters of The Hunt for Red October. I tried, but it bored me. I picked up on him with his second novel until Rainbow Six. A discussion of Waco and Ruby Ridge by characters in that novel turned me off Clancy and I never recovered my interest. Jack Higgins was another I read religiously but he found his formula and in time it came to bore me. I couldn't tell you why I stopped reading Ken Follet, W. E. B. Griffin, or David Morrell. I just did. I stopped reading Stephen King some time after Firestarter. It was one of his attempts at traditional fantasy that did me in then. Now it is his mouth that turns me off. Leftist Libtard. Jonathan Kellerman was another where something in one of his novels just pissed me off which was a shame. He was always a very easy entertaining read. I recently picked up one of his novels and rediscovered just how much I like his writing. So I'll give him another chance...at least until he pisses me off again.

No comments: