Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Kindle #5

I'm now on Kindle #5. That's five in about three years. My first Kindle fell off the arm of the couch. That's about a two foot drop. It was less than two months old so Amazon replaced it. Kindle #2 lasted until last October. It slipped off the top of a box I was carrying while descending a flight of stairs. That was maybe a three foot drop. Screen broke. I bought another one at full price then a friend sold me his old one for twenty bucks. I stashed the new one as a spare and used the older one. That one got run over by several cars. Never forget tablets on top of your car. That one was my fault. Number 4 went last week. I tripped and dropped it. Screen broke. I got it's replacement in the mail today. Amazon covered it.

Now this post isn't really intended to bitch about the quality of the Kindle though I do wish they were a bit lot sturdier. I carry mine with me damn near everywhere. Accidents are bound to happen, and no, I'm not a klutz. Also Amazon has been great about replacing those under warranty [two]. Customer Service is top notch, but this gets old. I had a leather covers for the tablet. Obviously, they weren't been up to the task. I went looking for a hard case and I can't find one for the standard Kindle. As many of these things as have been sold you'd think the market was there. So any non smart-ass suggestions?

1 comment:

Veeshir said...

Can you get rubber bumpers from some hobby shop or hardware store for the edges?

That won't help getting run over by a car, but should help the drops.