Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Red Dawn (2012)

I've read all the about the problems this movie had getting to the screen, and I almost didn't go see it. A studio bankruptcy kept it on the shelf and the original villains of this piece were the Chinese. The Chinese didn't like that and since they are a major market for Hollyweird. The villains became the North Koreans. That's a major hurdle in the suspension of disbelief. Like I said, I almost didn't go see it. I'm glad I did. Like the original, a group of High School students find themselves fighting as guerrillas in a war against an invader. It's not as good as the original but it's still fun. It's patriotic, and he main stream critics hate it.

1 comment:

Windy Wilson said...

Well, if the mainstream critics hate it, I'll see it.
But the Norks? I mean, they're dangerous, but not in the way the Cubans were in the original. Maybe the Duchy of Grand Fenwick would have been better?