Thursday, November 8, 2012

In a Nutshell

So good luck in 2016, Republicans. You had this one in the bag, high unemployment, an annual deficit of a trillion dollars, Fast’n'Furious, Benghazi, bailouts, Obamacare. All you had to do was find a conservative that could rally the people to vote and it would have been a cakewalk. I suspect you don’t believe that, and that you will try to go even more liberal in an effort to gather votes that you cannot get, throwing away the core voters that want conservative, responsible government. Nature abhors a vacuum and a real third party will fill your place in American politics. Does anyone remember the Whig party? - as826m
The word is three million Republicans couldn't hold their nose and vote for Romney. I don't know whether to be pissed at them for holding to their principles or myself for not. The truth is I can't say I won't once again vote for the lesser of evils in 2016.

H/T to Borepatch.

3 comments:

Secesh said...

Voting for the lesser of two evils is the only choice we have, a Reagan does'nt come along very often. If ever again.

Anonymous said...

So, how's voting for evil working out for you?

Romney was a tireless and dedicated foe of the Second Amendment and of Massachusetts gun owners when he was Governor. Why on Earth would I vote for him? I stayed home on Election Day and cleaned my guns.

I am a conservative, not a Republican. If the GOP wants my vote, they know where to find me. I don't think they want my vote, though. So be it. If it brings civil war, so be it, I've made my peace with it--but put the blame where it belongs, on the GOP leadership who twice in a row refused to select a candidate who could claim with a straight face that he was even one tenth of a millimeter to the right of Obama.

kahr40 said...

You did vote. In refusing to step up and exercise your civic duty you voted for the fucking chaos that is to come. Maybe in voting for the lesser of evils I did nothing to stop what is to come, but I tried. Everybody who voted for Romney, Johnson, or any of the right leaning, conservative or libertarian third party candidates tried. You sat on your ass cleaning your guns and voted for Obama. What comes is as much your fault as it is the fault of Obama, his fellow travelers, and his handlers.