Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Recently Read

Mostly, I've been rereading lately. I've run through John Ringo's Monster Hunter Memoirs and Black Tide Rising novels as well as the first three of W. E. B. Griffin's Brotherhood of War series. Then there's...

Ship of Destiny by Frank Chadwick.
This is the sequel to Chain of Command and every bit as good. I'm looking to more in this series. Highly Recommended.

A Star-Wheeled Sky by Brad R. Torgersen.
I read Torgersen's last novel, The Chaplain's War, and really liked it. this one I had a hard time staying on track with. I got bored, but I did finish it. Hopefully the sequel will pick up the pace. 

Mind Games by Dan Willis.
This is the fourth in his Arcane Casebook series. It is every bit as good as those that preceded it. Highly Recommended. 

The Dream of the Iron Dragon by Robert Kroese.
This is the first in a series. Humans at war with an alien race find their ship cast several hundred years into the past. they have to repair their ship in an attempt to return home. It  is better than average and I liked it and have the second in the series in the pile. Recommended.

Castaway Resolution by Eric Flint and Ryk E. Spoor.
The last of Flint and Spoor's Castaway trilogy. It nicely wraps of the Kimei family odyssey and that's all I'm gonna say about that since you should read it for yourself. If you haven't read the previous novels start there. Highly Recommended. 

No comments: