Thursday, May 30, 2019

Recently Read

Theater of Spies by S. M. Stirling

Stirling's alternate history of World War 1 continues with Black Chamber agent Luz O'Malley and her companion Ciara Whelan back in Germany ferreting out the Kaiser's new secret weapon. Very well done but that pretty much expected of Stirling. Highly Recommended.

Perimeter and The Inside Man by M. A. Rothman

These are the first two books, of what I hope are many, in the Levi Yoder series. I don't remember when I picked this up or who recommended it. I'd had it for a few months and just picked it up. I couldn't put it down until done. Levi is a fixer for the mob. He is miraculously cured of cancer the same day his wife is killed. he turns his back on the world and begins a ten year journey that begins in Japan and ends in Nepal only to find himself a target of the Russian mob and at the center of an international crisis. In the second novel he finds himself joining a war against the sex trafficking industry. I liked them both and recommend them highly. Hey. at $5 a hit, what's to lose?

No comments: