Thursday, April 25, 2019

Marvel and the SJW Slippery Slope

Marvel President: Movies Will Go ‘Inclusive,’ Adding ‘Gay’ and ‘Body Positive’ Heroes
I've pretty much had to watch all the Marvel films since their individual tales merge into one comprehensive story. That ends with Avengers: Endgame. I no longer fell any obligation toward the films. I'll attend on a case by case basis. Why? I, who have been buying and reading comics since grade school, am no longer the audience they want. You know: old , white, male, with money to spend. This new business plan has caused a dramatic drop in sales. I've gone from buying thirty plus comics a month to three. None of them are Marvel. I guess that's their plan for their films as well, but catering to the SJWs may or may not have that effect. While people who are fans of Marvel Comics are also filmgoers. People who are fans of Marvel films aren't necessarily fans of the comics. We'll see.

No comments: