Thursday, December 8, 2016

A Thank You to the IRS

So the wife and I got a notice from the IRS that we owed Uncle Sam money. I was expecting this but not the sum they wanted. So I called the help line Tuesday. The guy I spoke to was professional and quickly gave me the answer to my question. Hell, he answered my question before I could even answer it. I'd transposed a number on my daughter's Social Security on the form. I couldn't resolve it then. I was calling from work and didn't have access to her number. I called back today and spoke to another person, a lady, and spent close to an hour and a half on hold waiting for a resolution that didn't come because i was disconnected. I waited about ten minutes then called again. I got another lady who have me set after about ten minutes with the amount I knew I owed down to what I expected. I got the distinct impression #2 didn't really know what she was doing, but even she was polite and professional throughout. For all that we want to hate the IRS, we also have to give credit where it's due. So, thanks for your help guys. I'm really glad I don't owe the Fed close to two thousand dollars.

No comments: