Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Recently Read

The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling

Die Trying by Lee Child

The Last Centurion by John Ringo

I got the Kipling off of Project Gutenberg. I've read Kipling's poetry but never his prose. No Excuse, but I'll tell you Kim is on the list and I'll be going back to Gutenberg again soon. Damn good read.

This is the second of Child’s Jack Reacher novels I've read. The first was good but slow. This one had a faster pace and I liked it a bit more. I'll read more by him at some point.

Then there is Ringo. I read The Last Centurion when it came out in 2008 and really liked it then. His points on the Left were on point then and with Hillary running again it is now timely once more. If you haven't read it do. The link above goes to the Baen page for the novel with the first nine chapters free. Can't beat that.

No comments: