Sunday, June 1, 2014

Recently Read

Islands of Rage and Hope by John Ringo
1636: Commander Cantrell in the West Indies by Eric Flint & Charles E. Gannon

Ringo's novel is a fast entertaining ride. I think I read somewhere that this is a trilogy. I hope not. Want more.

Flint & Gannon's book is slow by comparison. Hell, its just slow, but that doesn't mean it not entertaining. It is but I sense very little Flint here. This novel and others in the 1632 series read like side chapters in one long endless story. I don't want it to end but it needs to move a bit faster. It is time for Flint or Weber to write another one. Please

2 comments:

Jeffersonian said...

Have you been reading Drake's RCN series? I'm about 3/4 through the tenth and latest, The Sea Without a Shore, and am finding it quite tasty.

kahr40 said...

Yep. Read 'em all including eARC of the forthcoming one. Excellent space opera. Highly recommended.