Friday, April 11, 2014

This is not 1875

...and an increase in crime and there'll be blood in the streets. Just because of open carry?

Really?

Chick Little lives.

"If the word got out or if people knew they could come to Tennessee and carry a weapon, I'm sure that armed robberies are going to increase," said Claiborne County Sheriff David Ray in a WBIR report.

"Apparently they're wanting everyone in the state of Tennessee to carry a firearm. I'm against that. I think it's ridiculous," he continued. "This is not 1875. It just seems to me this is going to escalate all the crime to a higher level."

The bill passed the Tennessee Senate but still has to get through their House. I suspect the opposition of some Sheriff's has more to do with losing say over who gets to carry and permit fees than the concerns noted above.

No comments: