Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Overkill anyone?

In Maryland, an 11 year old boy was suspended for talking about guns on the school bus. There were no threats or bullying envolved. He talked about wanting to protect his class mates from a Newtown type incident. He was interviewed by the principal and a Deputy. The deputy wanted to search the home without a warrant. The boy was suspended for 10 days. The suspension was later reduced to one day. Overkill anyone?

This occurred last December. The father decided to make the incident public after he heard about this.

2 comments:

Borepatch said...

I managed to survive (and escape) both Maryland and Massachusetts. To my credit, I refused (three times) to move to California, despite some great job offers.

Glad to live in the United States of America.

kahr40 said...

It's quickly vanishing. I hope my grandbaby gets to live there as an adult.