Sunday, June 17, 2012

Not reason enough...

Teen's death raises awareness to black powder rifles
Grief, like anger, isn't the best foundation for decisions. A teen in Maryland killed himself with a black powder rifle. Now the father wants them regulated as firearms. Based on the story, he is proposing bars on those under 18 being able to buy black powder weapons. The rarity of suicide by black powder would argue against such regulation. It's not needed. In this case though a friend of the father bought the teen the rifle and the father let him keep it. I'm sorry for the man's loss, but it looks like the father is trying to punish the rest of Maryland for his decisions.

H/T to David

Update: As I've said before I'd fire my proof reader but that'd be me. Spelling corrected

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the teen had taken the family sedan and drove it in on into a concrete abutment at 90 mph.

Would the father then want no teen able to drive a vehicle until age 18?